Friday, May 13, 2011

Girl Up gives life to dreams

Some of the world’s hardest to reach adolescent girls are being touched by Girl Up, a United Nations Foundation campaign.

Girl Up emphasizes that girls are bright, talented and full of dreams, according to its website. But too many girls can’t live those dreams because they can’t go to school, aren’t healthy and don’t live free from violence. One in seven girls in developing countries, for instance, is married by the time she’s 15.

My daughter got marginally involved in the campaign and showed me its Girlafesto, an empowerment poem, today.

It’s a wonderful piece to share with young girls that you might know – or even to keep handy for a reminder to yourself.




1 comment:

  1. I love this. I have three daughters (11, 9 & 6), and I'm going to share it with all of them. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete